Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Dinner and a Show

Walking uphill takes a lot longer than walking downhill. Missing bridges don't help either. One hole in the road today, a rather large one, had no sign of a bridge except a few forlorn ropes on posts at both sides. We had to cross on tree roots so covered with moss that it was impossible to tell whether they were rotten or not...

That was all right, though, because we were entertained the rest of the day by capybaras. They seemed to feel it was their duty to walk backwards on the road in front of us and juggle beetles. One of them, a particularly large one, juggled small capybaras who were juggling beetles. I've heard of compound juggling before, but I'd never seen it until today. They didn't speak English (or any other language I know), so we couldn't thank them, but I clapped when we stopped for the evening. Plack gave a sort of non-disdainful snort. The capybaras bowed, squeaked something at us, gave us a grapefruit (which went very nicely with dinner), and went back to their holes in the rock. A few minutes later, the Cliff above and below us lit up with hundreds of tiny windows. Someone started playing what sounded like a miniature harpsichord.

Today has been weird, but entertaining.

In other news, I seem to be growing yet another toe. One more, and I can break my record of last Summer!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger MLight said...

I'm reading back through again - since there hasn't been anything new to read lately (BWEG).

I love the capybaras juggling capybaras juggling beetles. And I love the new toes.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Nigel Tangelo said...

Thank you! I'm not entirely sure what BWEG means (my acronym vocabulary is still a WIP), but there is - at long last - a new post today! No new toes, unfortunately. They seem to have stopped at fifteen.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Stats Tracked by StatCounter