Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Seven More Random Facts

Having been tagged with this meme by Leia, tagged with this meme by Megan Doyle (soon to be Hansen) , and not tagged with this meme by Ginaagain, I will happily do it again. There are a lot more than fourteen random facts about me, and writing down another seven will provide one more post for the month. I'm still eight days behind.

Besides, today is the thirteenth, which is seven times two minus one, and two plus one is three, and three times seven is twenty-one, so it all works out. How can I overlook an opportunity like that?

1. I have never heard a song with a sitar in it that I didn't love immediately. No exceptions. If it has a sitar, it's going to be good.

2. A complete stranger once gave me a clockwork pipe crawler, for no reason I could see. He didn't speak any language I knew. He just handed me the little machine in a Train station, said something very solemn and full of consonants, put on his spectacles, and marched off into the night.
It was a very nice pipe crawler. Unfortunately, I don't actually own any plumbing, so I gave it to a troglodyte the next time I passed through Baconeg.

3. I keep exactly one of every kind of coin I ever get. Gold Loundas, extinct Kastels, Toli beads in various colors, purple Lint... There are far too many to carry around all the time, so I keep them in the Bank of Bannarbangle.

4. I don't seem to be able to post anything before ten PM. I can post pictures earlier in the day, but no long pieces of writing. I don't know why.
Come to think of it, you probably knew that already. Oops.

5. Every time I travel anywhere, I always end up at a slug farm at some point (which is odd, as they aren't really all that common). As a result, I can now identify 36 different kinds of slug by taste.

6. I always whistle in any room that has stone or tile walls. Nothing makes whistling sound as good as a smooth wall does. I scare people in bathrooms a lot.

7. Almost a fifth of the places I've been have shown no sign of existing before or after my visit.

Having said all of that, I am going to break the rules now and not tag the seven people I'm supposed to tag, because I'm lazy. I am going to tag whoever reads this. Yes, you, at least if you feel like doing this and happen to have seven random facts about yourself and time to write them down and a blog to post them on. Go right ahead. Or not. Either way.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Strange... I thought we would have more randomness in common. Although I am also incapable of writing much before 10pm I have never been to a slug farm. I have kissed a banana slug but it was a free range slug rather than domesticated stock.

gina

2:38 AM  
Blogger Nigel Tangelo said...

Sad to say, I have never kissed a slug. I've only eaten them. (Well, I've ridden on them too, if you count pagoda slugs, but they're practically part of the landscape anyway.)

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Stats Tracked by StatCounter